The field of broadly defined energetic materials has been of increasing basic and applied importance, and become increasingly interdisciplinary in the last decades. The issue on “Energetic Materials in Defence”, aims to establish a timely forum for the discussion of cutting-edge research on (a) transformative concepts on development and application of energetic materials, and (b) multidisciplinary R&D on energetic materials, with emphasis on emergent areas. This issue is calling for both original research papers and topic reviews.
Also an insensitive, high-performance explosives are developed by using new, energetic components. The examples should include explosives with a low sensitivity in pressed charges, cast cured PBX, plastic explosives, scalable charges or underwater explosives. The aim is, for example, to develop future high-performance explosives for supersonic penetrators, or to improve shaped charges.
Topics including but not limited to:
- Energetic materials in extreme conditions, including high temperature, high pressure, low temperature, and radiation;
- New concepts of energetic materials, including metallic hydrogen and peroksites;
- Nanoscience and nanotechnology of energetic materials;
- Nitrogen cluster compounds and nitrogen polymers;
- Novel methodology for R&D of energetic materials;
- Ignition, combustion and flame of energetic materials.
The Issue on Energetic Materials will fills the need for an international forum of scientific and technical interchange in the disciplines of explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics. Molecular orbital calculations, synthetic and analytical chemistry, formulation, ignition and detonation properties, thermal decomposition, hazards testing, biotechnology, and toxicological and environmental aspects of energetic materials production are appropriate subjects for articles submitted to the Journal.
- Iliyan Hutov, PhD, Bulgarian Defence Institute, Bulgaria
- Jiri Pachman, PhD, University of Pardubice, Institute of Energetic Materials, Czech Republic
Publication charges: Publication of the accepted paper in the JDST journal is free of charge.
Expected date of publication: The online publication of this special issue is scheduled for the end of April 2021, and the printed version – for May 2021.
Submission: To submit your paper please click here